The Seattle Seahawks signed nine rookie free agents, including Washington quarterback Keith Price, at the conclusion of the three-day NFL Draft.
“I know that coach (Pete) Carroll’s philosophy is competing, and I wouldn’t mind being a part of it,” Price said last month when he attended a local-player workout. “My motto is, all I need is a foot in the door and I’ll take care of the rest.”
“We had a good look at him, obviously,” coach Pete Carroll said Saturday. “Being a local kid, we’ve seen him for years. We had a good look at him at his workouts. He came here for our local workout. We feel very, very comfortable with him. We know that’s he’s got a big upside. He seemed to fit in really well with our coaches. We just feel really comfortable and we think we can give him a real good shot at it.”
Price joins these eight players, who were signed after the draft.
- USC strong safety Dion Bailey
- Montana linebacker Brock Coyle
- Central Arkansas tight end Chase Dixon
- Penn State tackle Garry Gilliam
- Oklahoma guard Bronson Irwin
- Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat
- South Carolina cornerback Jimmy Legree
- Eastern Washington defensive tackle Andru Pulu.
These nine players will join the nine players drafted by the Seaahwks for the team’s three-day rookie minicamp that begins Friday.