Report: Josh Gordon to appeal one-year ban on Aug. 1

Josh Gordon

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon will appeal his one-year suspension in a meeting with NFL officials on Aug. 1, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Gordon is facing a yearlong ban following a failed drug test earlier this offseason.  He got into more off-field trouble earlier this month when he was arrested in North Carolina on suspicion of DWI.

Browns first-year head coach Mike Pettine said Monday they the Browns will wait for the NFL’s ruling before addressing the situation.

It is concerning and you want to address it, but until we know where he stands with the league we don’t know really where he stands with us,” Pettine said Monday. “I’ve stated before that we’ve had the meetings, we’ve discussed all the options, from the best case to the worst case. And we’re still in that mode of waiting.”

Gordon, 23, caught 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns last season despite missing the first two games due to a suspension for a failed drug test.

The Browns open their training camp on Saturday.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Share with your friends










Submit